The Bryan Museum
The Bryan Museum is a young, dynamic museum of Western History and Art with a focus on Texas and its essential role in the story of the West. The Museum’s outstanding collection of art, artifacts, and manuscripts spans 12,000 years and is the result of over 50 years of collecting by founders J.P. and Mary Jon Bryan.
The Museum seeks a creative, energetic Development Associate to grow our fund development program. This position reports to the Director of Development and helps support donor cultivation and stewardship activities, assists in other special campaigns, and participates in donor events. Some weekend and evening hours are required.
The Associate supports all aspects of the Museum’s donor program including prospect identification, cultivation, acquisition and stewardship under the direction of the Director of Development. Primary responsibilities include:
- Working with Director of Development and Special Events Manager to plan and implement special events and activities for major donors and prospects
- Coordinating and overseeing the annual appeal campaign
- Answers questions, provides research, fulfills website requests, and manages any specific needs of constituents
- Working with the Director of Development to identify and implement donor cultivation opportunities
- Maintaining and managing the department’s annual income and expense budget
- Assisting in creating the department’s annual fundraising plan
- Works with Director of Development and Marketing Manager to create, write and produce all printed promotional materials
- Processes contributions and maintains the integrity of the donor database
- Runs bi-weekly reports as well as monthly reports, runs queries, and creates mailing lists as needed
- Responsible for implementing donor acknowledgement and receipting process in a timely manner
- Assists with donor solicitations
- Ability to manage several projects at once, meet deadlines, and work independently or collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of database programs
- Microsoft Office skills
- Comfortable working with the public, Board Members, Museum members, and donors on the phone and/or in person.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two or more years of nonprofit marketing and/or fundraising experience
- Knowledge or appreciation of museums is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
Interested candidates should send letter of interest, resume, list of four references and salary history to Deepa Madhavan at: Deepa@thebryanmuseum.org.
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience and includes full benefits. The Bryan Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
The position is open until filled.