Get Insider Access
to Texas History
In 2015, a select group of very special people led by JP Bryan, came together with a pledge to keep Texas History alive. Finding inspiration in the story of Texas and the American West, these men and women are proud Texans who believe in the power of history to guide and inspire our children and our children’s children. They speak a common truth, a truth captured in the stories of independence, determination, and courage of those who came before and made the West their home. From the heroes of the Alamo to the rugged cowboy and the men and women who worked the farms and ranches and built the cities of our great State of Texas, this special group is helping preserve our storied past. Because of them, the story of Texas will forever have a treasured place in the hearts and minds of people all over the world.
Who are these SPECIAL men and women?
They are MEMBERS of The Bryan Museum.
The Bryan Museum is recognized as one of the foremost museums on Texas history with a nationally recognized collection of 70,000 objects spanning 12,000 years.
- Galveston is where the story of the West began, with the first Europeans including Spanish explorer Cabeza de Vaca, who was shipwrecked on the island in 1528. The Museum exhibits one of the few surviving copies of de Vaca’s first-hand account of his survival in a strange and dangerous land that is now Texas!
- Encompassing works of art and artifacts, the Museum’s exceptional collection includes many rare, one-of-a-kind objects such as the sword that captured Santa Ana after the Battle of San Jacinto and the Winchester Model 1873 Rifle, the gun that won the West.
- The Museum is open for adult and school tours year-round and is a valued resource for schools throughout the State.
- The Museum’s five galleries feature the Spanish Colonial period, early frontier settlement, the Revolution, Republic, Statehood and beyond. Each gallery preserves the history of Texas and the West as important life lessons and inspiration for today.
- The events that unfolded in Texas impacted people far and wide and changed the course of history. These stories unfold throughout the galleries and in our varied programs, demonstrations, workshops and lectures. Distinguished speakers have included Bill Wittliff, screenwriter and producer of Lonesome Dove, and Stephen Harrigan, author of Gates of the Alamo.
Now you too can become a member of this exclusive club of proud Texans.
When you join us today as a member of The Bryan Museum, you will be part of a unique group of individuals dedicated to preserving and sharing the proud heritage of Texas.Texas has the greatest history of any state in the Union and is living proof that individual exceptionalism was part of our past — and still part of our present. With your support, the history of Texas will remain a vibrant force for inspiration and accomplishment for ourselves, our children and their children.
Activate Your Insider Access to the Most Exclusive Texas History Club in the Nation
As a member of The Bryan Museum you have the satisfaction of knowing you are part of a core group helping preserve our unique history. As a member, you also receive special perks and privileges — and special access to benefits unavailable anywhere else. When you become a member today, you will automatically be signed up for our quarterly e-newsletter that is packed with information and keeps you up to date with special events and recent publications and other resources.
In addition, you will receive special invitations to exhibition openings, programs and lectures throughout the year.
Join the Bryan Museum online today, and your membership will be activated instantly!
As a member of The Bryan Museum, you receive access to special content and benefits that you can’t find anywhere else.
Every member receives:
- Access to our unique Resource Center, packed with information on the collection, special featured videos, E-Books and more. You won’t find content like this anywhere else!
- The Museum’s popular e-Newsletter that will keep you in the loop about history happenings and programming.
- Insider updates from the Director covering Museum initiatives and exciting projects.
- Special invitations to attend events, openings and more.
- Unlimited Free admission to the Museum all year.